Sunday 21 September 2014

Learn How to Cook : Transitioning from UWCSEA - East to a Gap Year



LEARN HOW TO COOK!! PLEASE! For your own good (and survival)!



 The very first thing I realized when coming to China was: I am hungry. The second thing I realized was that one cannot go to restaurants everyday, for three meals a day. It is simply not smart in terms of finances and health - nor for personal growth. I contacted my mum, cousins, aunts, friends and more, asking for easy recipes. Problem solved! 

It is all about learning, and solving the (many) obstacles you might encounter. It also about having the best time possible. Work hard, push your limits - do further research. I am currently working in a school in the outskirts of Beijing, China; and I am really enjoying the challenges.  

Contrary to the misconception of Gap Years being lazy years, I always find myself busy. If I am not at work, doing household duties, exploring the country or meeting friends…….I would be reflecting! 

I honestly reckon that when we fall into the routine of just following schedules, we do not stop to just THINK! 

So my suggestion would be to take breaks, read a good book, eat good and healthy food, sit down at parks, watch people interacting, make plans, travel, create stories. And more importantly, create your own story :-) 

Take care, and Happy UWC Day! 

Miguel Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment